Sensational Single

So, before I went to Haiti, I had nominated myself to be a sensational single of Hampton Roads. It was just for fun, no big deal. I was sensational and not dating anyone seriously. Until I got back from Haiti and I was a finalist...say what?!

So, after another round of questions it became official, I was one of the top twenty 'Sensational Singles' of Hampton Roads! There were outfits to be picked out and photo shoots to be had. The photo shoot was a lot of fun and we all had a great time.


And then...I got the magazine. I wasn't thrilled about my group shot pic because you can't even really see my face, but my individual pic was super cute.

Every time I think about it, I can't help but laugh. I guess I can cross it off my bucket list.
Be a feature in a magazine. 

But, really it was a great time and I'm glad I had a chance to be involved. (As an update I did cut my hair as you can see, but I thinking about going even shorter!)

There was however, part of the magazine that wasn't as glamarous though. We had to be auctioned off for charity. I wasn't too thrilled about the idea, but I went with it anyway. The night of the auction, the weather was terrible! Schools were closing, people were getting off of work early, it was pretty bad. But, they decided to host the event anyway.
So, there were about 30 people there and most of them were women. So, while the guys were going for like $100, $150 even $200 the ladies were going for like $30, $45, $70. I personally went for $40....to my brother! He was trying to drive up the bids and ended up getting stuck with me! It's a good thing I didn't take the whole thing too seriously or else my ego would have seriously been bruised.

All, in all a great experience. You can read my interview here if you like.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails