... waiting for?

So, I just spent the last...two hours on facebook (sad I know). It sucked me in and suddenly I was helpless to the incessant clicking.  But, I would hardly say that I was wasting time. In fact, I left facebook feeling motivated to really dive into the things that I want to do with my life. I couldn't help but think to myself while I was looking at all of my friends photos, "What am I waiting for?" If I want to make myself a writer, then I can make myself a writer. If I want to move to New York, then I can move to New York. 

Of course all of this is something that I need to pray about and at the same time earnestly seek direction, but I feel that I would deeply regret it if I never even tried...tired to be a writer full time, or move to the city, or just live the life that I always thought that I would. Don't get me wrong, I love my life right now, but I can't help but feeling like I was meant to do more, be more. 

So, here comes the hard part... actually putting all of this into real time work. Dedicating time to my writing, really crafting my articles, making them special, personal, works of art even. I need to dedicate time to searching for a job in New York or D.C. or wherever I am feeling drawn to. If that means leaving work, and then coming home and working for another two or three hours than so be it. This is my life and I only get one. So...what am I waiting for?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails