the weekend briefly and trip news...

...if it weren't so sad, it would be funny. My love life that is! Oh, I won't be too hard on myself, but geez. Ok- no more complaining, whiners are weiners.

On to the next.

the weekend went by very quickly. I worked both Friday and Saturday so come Sunday morning I was exhausted, but had a wonderful time meeting up with friends at a Tapas Party. Lots of yummy food and sangria to go around. Then we went down to Ocean View Park and had fun dancing to Big Band music.

 {not the exact location, but it looks pretty similiar. Via Hither and Thither}

Getting both excited and super nervous about this trip to Haiti. I had a mini melt-down yesterday about the trip. We had a meeting to go over everything and my trip leader, bless his heart, I know he's not trying to scare us but....it's just so much to take in. I know that it's something that I have to do, so I'm beginning deep prayer over the next month. I'm going to see a lot of things that I have never seen before. And I'm sure my heart will break time and time again. But, I have to go. I have to show them love and help those who desperately need it. I have to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and your sweet comments. Yours is darling. I love that picture and I will be praying over your Haiti trip. Prepare to be blessed! xo

annelise said...

I'm sure Haiti will be an eye-opener, but it will also make you a better and stronger person. I'm very excited for you!

It's not really related, but in 2008 I went to Egypt. The first couple of days in Cairo were the biggest culture shock I'd ever had. Everything was so different, so dirty. But I'm so, so glad I had that experience because I feel more open-minded, a bit more culturally-aware and all of that. No doubt Haiti will be all of that, times a hundred, but imagine what you'll bring back with you. Amazing. Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails